Wish you could do an epic wellness challenge with colleagues?
Here are four reasons your colleagues will thank you (mille grazie!) for inviting everyone to Italy… on Racery’s virtual Rome wellness challenge that is. So share this article with your company’s wellness point-person pronto!
1) Cool sights. Each participant’s goal is to log each day’s miles to see how far she/he can get in a month on the 49-mile route around Rome. Each time a participant adds miles, Racery will instantly provide a 360-degree street view corresponding to her new virtual location. Our virtual tour visits many fascinating, beautiful views that reward participants for their exercise. See some real screenshots at the bottom of this post. On top of gritty tratorria, hectic squares, and even an occasional ruined arch, highlights include:
- Basilica Papale San Paolo fuori le Mura
- The Vatican
- Castel Sant’Angelo
- Milvio Bridge
- Catacombs of St. Callixtus
- Baths of Caracalla
- The Colosseum
- The Roman Forum
- Campo de’ Fiori
- The Pantheon
- The Trevi Fountain
- Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem
- Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano
2) Social support. Each time a staffer logs a run or walk, their mileage appears in the real-time activity feed displaying all participants’ most recent activities, along with comments and photos. (To boost health awareness, we suggest participants log only intentional miles, not automated step counting.)
3) Lots of cheering. Our software automatically calculates achievements — for example, longest personal distances and streaks, as well as group achievements, with each new mileage submission. Colleagues get to cheer on each others’ activities and achievements with likes and comments. (Teams competitions — paralegals versus lawyers versus admin… office versus office… or sales vs admin vs mechanics… or nurses vs doctors vs front office — are easy too, if that’s exciting for your group.)
4) The Bling. People love awards, right? So to commemorate your group’s virtual tour of Rome, each staffer gets a personalized digital bib and, on finishing, a digital award. Both are optimized for sharing on social media to celebrate each staffer’s identity as an active exerciser. And your group’s logo on the images reminds everyone that your office supports staff health.
What’s in it for HR? Your wellness point-person has probably already organized a step challenge at your company at least once, right? The competition can be fun, but she or he knows what a hassle that can be for everyone — logging miles, updating spreadsheets, e-mailing out progress reports. Racery automates ALL that work and provides so many more features. And, unlike other apps and software that require participants to buy specific devices (Fitbit, Garmin, etc), Racery can be used by anyone who has an e-mail address. Individuals sign up with just a couple of clicks!
Your company’s Rome challenge can be up and “running” in just one business day. (If your colleagues want other locations or distances, we can create custom routes too.)
What are you waiting for? Rome is beautiful this time of year! Write firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
BONUS: click below for a video of some of the thousands of possible views ahead as you log miles.