Lots of companies boost employee fitness by encouraging staffers to log steps on a common spreadsheet for a month or two, then giving out a prize to the person with the most steps.
The goal is to get employees to take 10,000 or more steps a day, a fitness level which many researchers say confers health benefits.
With just a few clicks, that step challenge can teleport over to Racery’s virtual racing platform, adding a universe of new dimensions to motivate and amuse employees. These include:
- watching racers or teams move on a virtual route with avatar positions updating each time new mileage is logged
- cheering as leader boards update in real time
- earning digital bibs and awards that can be shared on social media or printed for the office bulletin board
- seeing Google Street Views of updated personal or team locations on the route
- making it possible for other athletes — swimmers, rowers, wheelchair spinners — to join the fun
Lots of other features make a virtual race exciting and effective. For ideas, check out some of our sample virtual races, create your own virtual race on a custom route, or get our help creating a race that’s based on your company or group’s unique mission.