Racery’s virtual race platform hosts turnkey virtual challenges for companies, nonprofits and groups.
We strive to make launching a virtual race simple and risk-free. Race sponsors pay no setup fee. Decision makers can experience all Racery’s features in a free test race.
We’ve been hosting virtual races for clients since 2014. Our software embodies years of programming and thousands of suggestions from racers and race sponsors. If you don’t see a feature in the lists below, please ask—we’ve probably got it. 🙂
Just looking for an excuse to mail out medals? Racery’s not for you.
But if you want a virtual race with unrivaled power and flexibility, a digital-first race that provides rich, multi-day experiences that are social, motivational and morale-building, you’ve come to the right place. Read on!
Fitness and motivational features
Born of thousands of requests from users, Racery’s many features work together seamlessly to engage racers from start to finish. (Want the big picture? Read about our most important virtual race features!)
- Personal tracking: participants exercise anywhere and anytime, then see their fitness progress displayed on a route along with other racers’ avatars
- Bling: each racer gets a digital bib and finish award personalized with their name and entry number or finish rank, perfect to print or share online
- Google Street Views: no matter where a racer exercises, they get a 360° view of their new position on the virtual route
- Teams: depending on the sponsor’s needs, racers may compete in individually or in teams, with collective miles advancing their respective team avatars on the route and leader board, or one super-team, with everyone’s miles adding together
- Leader boards: all participants’ relative positions update in real time on an individual leader board and (if applicable) a team leader board
- Activity feed: everyone’s exercise logs are displayed a reverse-chronological-order real-time stream
- Socializing: racers can like or comment on each other’s logs and interact in the race’s message board
- Inclusive activity options: depending on the sponsors’ goals, a race can track a single activity (like running or swimming) or a more inclusive mix of 80 activities (from wheel chairing to yoga to gardening)
- Motivational nudges: racers are commended for streaks and new personal record and get email nudges to exercise
- Ambassador links: racers can be credited for recruiting other racers to participate in the event
- Group filters: racers can filter a large race to focus on groups of their friends or colleagues
- Looping: ambitious racers or teams can continue logging miles until the end of the race, looping the route multiple times
- 5ks: people who prefer short events co-exist happily with fast racers in our 1-7 day virtual 5ks
Donation in a
2020 race’s activity feed.
The competitive spirit of virtual racing translates into equally strong competition in fundraising leader boards for both individuals and teams.
- Fees: Funds go directly to the designated charity, with Racery keeping no portion of donations
- Donations: Racers can donate when registering
- P2P: Racers can compete to raise money using peer-to-peer fundraising pages for individuals and (if applicable) teams
- Leaderboards: All results are displayed in leader boards for individuals (and if applicable) teams and groups
- Visibility: Every donation is featured in the race’s activity feed along with everyone’s exercise
- Thank yous: Emails thank donors and notify the racer or team credited for a donation
- Reactions: Racers can like comment on a donation in the race’s activity feed (see image)
- Filtering: In bigger events, filters can help smaller groups (companies, divisions, clubs) focus on their own fundraising logs, totals and averages
Using Racery’s software, organizations can easily build and manage their own races, with reliable racer support provided by Racery. Racers pay Racery’s per racer fees in these races when registering.
Larger organizations wishing prepay Racery’s per racer fees can access additional branding, features, sponsorship opportunities, flexibility, and support.
Self serve: racers pay Racery’s fees
Sponsors of self-serve races build and manage their own races, relying on Racery tools, videos, and FAQs. The race experience described above is paid for when each racer enters. The sponsor will:
- build a route or select one of Racery’s prebuilt races
- issue Stripe refunds to racers and/or donors (if necessary)
- use a credit card if prepaying racers’ fees
These races do not include the features and services listed below.
Professional: $4,500 in prepaid racer fees
- one sponsor logo added to the race’s digital bib, finish placard and about section
- select which automated emails racers will receive, disable content that promotes Racery
- ad success tracking for Facebook, Google
- custom pin drops (spotlight landmarks, offices or partners using pin drops—editable title, text, photo and a branded icon)
- up to 2 admins
Corporate: $9,500 in prepaid racer fees
- phone support for the race sponsor’s project manager
- coupon dashboard (unique coupons for racers from partners or corporate sponsors)
- Racery, not sponsor, builds the route
- bulk racer registration, individually or in teams
- sponsor can customize the race’s digital bib, finish award and Facebook placard using Racery blueprints
- registration tiers (offer racers different entry packages or additional bling)
- e-postcards (build and automatically trigger emails containing e-postcards of landmarks)
- send mileage-triggered emails (each racer or team gets an email on passing a defined mile marker)
- custom headers and footers of the automated emails driving Racery functionality
- customized email ‘sender’ label
- customize the text in automated emails
- discounted design services
- volume-based discounting on per racer fees
- up to 5 admins
International: >$22,000 in prepaid racer fees
- free 50-person 4-day warm up race (train and excite potential ambassadors before your big event!)
- private labeling (customize the map’s palette and replace Racery’s logo)
- custom homepage (serve new arrivals a branded splash page)
- API access (pull real time data directly from Racery’s database)
- embeddable race widget (add the race’s map and leader boards to your own site, view only)
- dedicated support (get a firstname.lastname@example.org support address and expanded service hours)
- corporate Slack integration
- custom racerbot (a chatbot using client-branded idioms commenting on racers’ activities and achievements)
- Google Street View Easter eggs (along the route, racers can watch out for branded billboards or puzzle clues)
- larger incremental discounts on per racer fees
- multiple admins
Fees for custom route virtual races
Set up fee
Nada. $0. Yes, zero.
Company races (fee per racer) by duration
- One week: $7
- Two weeks: $13
- One month: $20
- Two months: $28
- Three months: $36
Nonprofit races (fee per racer) by duration
- One week: $6
- Two weeks: $8
- One month: $10
- Beyond one month, fundraising returns diminish.
Virtual fundraising 5ks with app timer/tracker
- One day, single log per racer: $3
- 2-7 days, multiple logs per racer, with personal bests tallied on our leader board: $6
- One month relay with teams, multiple logs tallying per racer: $12
- Custom race durations are also possible, whether 17 days or 2 years!
- We recommend companies announce races at least two weeks before race start; unless prepaid, charity races must announce >28 days before race start.
- Racery’s per racer entry fee is paid by each participant upon registration—or the sponsor can prepay registrations in bulk, minimum $1,250 non refundable.
- A race organizer with a Stripe account can add a fee on top of Racery’s fee. For example, in a charity’s two week virtual race with a $20 registration fee, the charity receives $12 and Racery receives $8, both less credit card fees.
- Small Stripe-enabled races require a $200 non-refundable racer fee prepay. (So, in the last example, 25 racer credits.)
- Stripe charges 2.9% and 30 cents of every transaction. A nonprofit or company can create a Stripe account in under 5 minutes here.
- $500 surcharge applies to races starting Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
Pre-built race packages
Looking to economize for a virtual race for your family, club or church? Don’t miss Racery’s pre-built packages—they’re sometimes cheaper than races with custom routes or include cool bling and e-postcards. Most of those races can be found here and here.
- Discover whether or not Racery is a good fit for your company or nonprofit by organizing a five-day free test for decision makers!
- See what other virtual race organizers say.
- Read what our virtual racers say about their experiences!
- Check out some examples of successful virtual races.
How do you make a virtual race great?
Most of what you see above is about software, right? But the best virtual races need something extra—spirit. A virtual race becomes real when enough people believe in it. Write email@example.com if you want advice on how to achieve this feat!